When it comes to finding ways to relax, Vietnam has something for everyone. From the hustle and bustle of city life in the south, to the stunning countryside of the north, this beautiful country offers a wealth of opportunities for visitors looking to take a break from the everyday routine. In this article, we’ll explore ten different ways to relax while traveling in Northern Vietnam.
photo: Quang Nguyen Vinh
1. Go for a drive on a motorbike through the countryside. The winding roads of Northern Vietnam are perfect for exploring at your own pace, and offer some of the most breathtaking scenery in all of Vietnam. Whether you’re an experienced rider or a complete novice, there’s no better way to take in the natural beauty of the region.
2. Indulge in a rejuvenating spa treatment. Many of the luxury hotels and resorts in Northern Vietnam offer amazing spas, where you can pamper yourself with everything from relaxing massages to rehydrating facials. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious treat or just some time out to relax and rejuvenate, a spa day is the perfect way to do it.
photo: Anna Tarazevich
3. Take a dip in one of the region’s many natural hot springs. Northern Vietnam is home to a number of natural hot springs, which are said to have therapeutic properties. Soaking in these warm waters is the perfect way to relax your muscles and ease any aches and pains.
4. Go for a hike in one of the region’s many national parks. Northern Vietnam is home to some of the most beautiful national parks in the country, such as Ba Be National Park and Cuc Phuong National Park. Hiking through these stunning landscapes is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air, and is the perfect way to unwind after a long day of sightseeing.
5. Explore the old quarters of Hanoi on foot. One of the best ways to experience the true culture of Northern Vietnam is to explore the narrow streets and alleyways of Hanoi’s Old Quarter. This vibrant area is full of life, and walking around it is a great way to soak up the atmosphere.
6. Visit one of the many temples and pagodas in the region. Northern Vietnam is home to a number of beautiful Buddhist temples and pagodas, which make for a peaceful and calming place to visit. Whether you’re looking to learn more about Buddhism or just want some quiet time to reflect, a visit to one of these Buddhist sites is sure to relax and rejuvenate you.
7. Breathe in the fresh air on top of Mount Fansipan. For those looking for a real adventure, why not try climbing up Vietnam’s highest mountain? Known as the Roof of Indochina, this stunning peak offers amazing views and a real sense of accomplishment.
photo: Helicopter Nguyen
8. Learn how to cook some traditional Vietnamese dishes at a cooking class. Northern Vietnam is home to many amazing culinary traditions, from the famous pho noodle soup to the delicious banh mi sandwiches. If you’re looking for an interesting and fun way to spend your afternoon, why not take a cooking class and learn how to make some delicious Vietnamese dishes yourself?
9. Visit one of the region’s many museums and galleries. Northern Vietnam has a thriving art scene, with many talented artists producing amazing works in a variety of different styles. From traditional watercolor paintings to contemporary sculptures, there’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy at one of the region’s many museums and galleries.
10. Go for a swim in one of the region’s many lakes and rivers. Northern Vietnam is home to some of the most beautiful bodies of water in the country, making it the perfect place to take a dip. Whether you’re looking to relax in a secluded spot or take part in some water-based activities, you’re sure to find something that suits your needs. No matter what way you choose to relax, Northern Vietnam is the perfect place to do it!
No matter what way you choose to relax, Northern Vietnam is the perfect place to do it! From exploring the stunning countryside on a motorbike to indulging in a luxury spa treatment, there’s something for everyone looking to relax in this wonderful part of Vietnam. So why not book your trip today and start planning some time out for yourself? You won’t regret it!