Vietnam is a beautiful country in Southeast Asia that has more than its fair share of amazing tourist destinations. But not only are there plenty of natural attractions to see, you’ll also find some incredible man-made wonders! Let’s explore 11 Vietnam tourist places that can’t be missed on your trip here, and then we’ll tell you how to get around the country once you arrive.
1) The Temples at My Son – If you’re into history, this UNESCO World Heritage Site should be one of the first stops on your itinerary because it’s got an astonishing 1,000-year-old temple complex.
2) Vinpearl Land – This amusement park might seem like just another family fun place but don’t let appearances fool you. It’s one of the biggest in all of Vietnam and it’s also home to a 5-star luxury resort!
3) Ha Long Bay – This natural wonder was once named one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and it’s not hard to see why. With more than 1,600 limestone islands, this is an unmissable stop on any trip to Vietnam.
credit: Taryn Elliott
4) The Cu Chi Tunnels – These tunnels were used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War and they offer a fascinating glimpse into the life and times of this conflict.
5) Hoi An Ancient Town – This picturesque town has been around since the 15th century and it’s a great place to wander around and take in the atmosphere.
6) The Mekong Delta – This is the area where the Mekong River splits into nine different branches and it’s a great place to explore by boat.
credit: Quang Nguyen Vinh
7) Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) – The largest city in Vietnam also has plenty of attractions for tourists, from its French colonial architecture to its lively nightlife.
8) The Marble Mountains – These five mountains are named for the materials that were used to build them and they offer some great hiking opportunities.
9) The Nha Trang Beaches and VinWonders – Vietnam is famous for its stunning beaches and Nha Trang is one of the best places to enjoy them. There is also a seaside resort called VinWonders where you can create great new experiences.
credit: Tiểu Bảo Trương
10) The Citadel in Hue – This imperial citadel was built in the 18th century and it’s now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
11) Sapa – If you want to experience some of the best scenery Vietnam has to offer, make sure to visit Sapa. It’s a picturesque town set in the mountains near the Chinese border.
Tourists flock to Vietnam for its stunning natural beauty and fascinating history. With more than 1,600 limestone islands, Ha Long Bay is an unmissable stop on any trip to the country. If you’re into history, the Temples at My Son should be one of the first stops on your itinerary. This UNESCO World Heritage Site has a 1,000-year-old temple complex. You’ll also find plenty of family fun at Vinpearl Land amusement park or explore the Mekong Delta by boat. Saigon – the largest city in Vietnam – also has plenty of attractions for tourists, from its French colonial architecture to its lively nightlife. When it comes to scenic landscapes, Sapa can’t be beat. It’s a picturesque town set in the mountains near the Chinese border. If you want to experience some of the best scenery Vietnam has to offer, make sure to visit Sapa. Start planning your dream trip to Vietnam today!