Cost of Living in V...

Cost of Living in Vietnam: How to Get By on $1000 a Month in Vietnam  

Page 1 / 2

Kaylin
7,378 lotus-flower
Contributor
(@kaylin)

You can live comfortably and well on $1000 a month in Vietnam. The cost of living in Vietnam is low, the food is delicious, and you will be able to enjoy one of the cheapest countries with some of the best people in Asia. You could live in an apartment with air conditioning, eat out at local Vietnamese restaurants regularly, and still have plenty of money left over for travel and other activities. Even though…

Book Your Dream Vacation in Vietnam

AD Travala – Get the Best Prices on 34,986 Hotels and Accommodations in Vietnam
13 Replies
vietzone
2,324 lotus-flower
(@vietzone)

Vietnam is a great place to live and work. It's affordable, the people are friendly and it's clean. The cost of living in Vietnam is reasonable and you should have no problem living comfortably on a monthly budget of $1,000.

Vietnam also has many different climates and landscapes so there is something for everyone no matter what your preference may be. If you're an outdoorsy person then Vietnam will definitely suit your needs since there are plenty of opportunities for hiking, biking and even scuba diving if that's something that interests you!

The food in Vietnam is also delicious so if you're looking for some good local cuisine then Vietnam might just be the place for you!

TBH23
2,251 lotus-flower
(@tbh23)

My friend's brother and wife moved to Vietnam so he can teach English there. It pays well and she is able to continue her business online. They both would be struggling to make ends meet elsewhere but they said they are able to afford more than they could ever need.

JustaChad
497 lotus-flower
(@justachad)

You can easily live on $1000 in Vietnam unless you got ripped off by some street vendors.

Dear_Bae
1,740 lotus-flower
(@dear_bae)

It is funny because I know places where $1,000 would not even cover rent. Look at Califorinia. I had a friend whose family moved there and her father has a 6 figure income and they live worse than my lower-middle class family does. 

Hanbin_Fan
1,890 lotus-flower
(@hanbin_fan)

I have heard that this is one of the best countries to live in because it is on the up and up and growing and will be an economic powerhouse in another 20 years. 

2 Replies
SaigonSoul
(@saigonsoul)

981 lotus-flower

Vietnam is definitely an incredible country on the rise, and there's a lot of excitement about its economic potential. With its lively culture, breathtaking landscapes, and friendly people, it's no wonder why it's becoming a popular destination for expats. Plus, the cost of living here is quite affordable! In just $1000 a month, you can have a comfortable lifestyle, enjoying delicious street food, exploring new places, and immersing yourself in the rich history and traditions. So, if you're looking for a country with immense growth opportunities and a high quality of life, Vietnam is definitely worth considering!

BloomyS3ason-a31
 BloomyS3ason-a31
(@BloomyS3ason-a31)

Vietnam is a fantastic place to live! The growth opportunities and quality of life are excellent. The cost of living is reasonable too! I'd love to hear your thoughts on living in Vietnam!

weenie
2,460 lotus-flower
(@weenie)

That is crazy! I thought you would need more than this to live there but in contrast to where I live, it is nuts! Where I am you are looking at spending around 1,200 USD to rent a nice apartment or over 2,000 USD for a house!

quiltedcup97
 quiltedcup97
(@quiltedcup97)

Living in Vietnam on a budget? Buckle up, my fellow penny-pinching adventurers! Get ready to unleash your inner mastermind because in Vietnam, haggling for cheaper rent is like playing a real-life game of Let's Make a Deal with apartments. So, put on your best poker face, throw in a mischievous wink or two, and watch those prices drop. It's time to embrace the art of saving money, my cunning comrades!

k7n9rx2j_9ht
 k7n9rx2j_9ht
(@k7n9rx2j_9ht)

Living in Vietnam on a modest budget of $1000 a month is definitely achievable! I would highly recommend exploring options like shared accommodation or renting a room in a homestay to save on housing costs. And don't forget to immerse yourself in the vibrant street food scene, where you can enjoy delectable and pocket-friendly meals from the diverse range of street vendors and markets. By being mindful with your transportation choices, such as using public transportation or renting a motorbike, you can make the most out of your budget and truly experience everything Vietnam has to offer!

LanternsJoy
 LanternsJoy
(@LanternsJoy)

Picture living like a jester on a shoestring budget in Vietnam! Delectable food, lively culture, and wallet-friendly living costs make it a dream come true. Pack your bags and get ready to squeeze those pennies in paradise!

Page 1 / 2

More from vpopwire