Listerine mouthwash is a type of oral hygiene product used to clean the mouth, breath and prevent the formation of bacteria that cause bad breath. It is packed with key ingredients such as cetylpyridinium chloride, menthol, thymol and eucalyptol, which help to clean and deodorize the mouth.
The use of Listerine mouthwash has many benefits, including:
- Reduce bad breath: Listerine mouthwash helps reduce bad breath by killing the bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Prevents the formation of bacteria: Listerine mouthwash helps prevent the formation of bacteria in the mouth by killing them, helping to reduce the risk of oral diseases such as tooth decay, gingivitis and bad breath.
- Clean mouth: Listerine mouthwash helps clean the mouth by removing impurities and plaque from teeth and tongue, helping to keep teeth and gums cleaner.
- Improve oral health: The use of Listerine mouthwash in combination with brushing and using dental floss helps promote oral health, reducing the risk of dental diseases.
- However, Listerine mouthwash is not a substitute for brushing and using dental floss. The use of mouthwash is only one step in the oral hygiene routine and is not a substitute for adequate oral care. Besides, if you use too much Listerine mouthwash or use it incorrectly, it can lead to side effects such as irritation of the oral mucosa, increased plaque on the teeth and discomfort in the mouth.
Therefore, the use of Listerine mouthwash should be done according to the manufacturer's and dentist's instructions. In addition, for the best results, you should combine the use of mouthwash with adequate brushing and use of identity floss to ensure the best oral hygiene.