41,500 workers in V...

41,500 workers in Vietnam lose their jobs since middle of year  

Caphezilla
1,420 lotus-flower
(@caphezilla)

https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/society/20221130/over-41500-workers-lose-jobs-in-vietnam-in-latter-half-of-2022/70257.html

It looks like the global recession is affecting every country. I think this news is really sad especially because it's almost Tet (Vietnamese New Year). It's tough to hear that so many workers lost their jobs in the latter half of 2022, and I'm glad that they found ways to help them get through it.

I hope that the people who lost their jobs find new jobs soon, and I hope that other people don't have to experience this.

Book Your Dream Vacation in Vietnam

AD Travala – Get the Best Prices on 34,986 Hotels and Accommodations in Vietnam
8 Replies
MrZero
1,677 lotus-flower
(@mrzero)

I have been watching different areas and I can't find one place that has not been negatively impacted in some shape, way, or form. I think Sweden is one of the very few to have not had such a heavy impact because they never did forced lock downs. Same with Africa. 

HaSangie
1,682 lotus-flower
(@hasangie)

Where I am, there are help wanted signs all over. Many places are understaffed and have been this way for months. It seems like people aren't just losing jobs over here but rather quitting. It is always worse when you lose a job vs are just choosing not to work. 

AskAboutME
1,708 lotus-flower
(@askaboutme)

It is always sad to see so many people lose their jobs due to factories, companies, and businesses being closed down. I think Vietnam has very resilient people so they will bounce back!

Hanbin_Fan
1,890 lotus-flower
(@hanbin_fan)

How many lost jobs in 2020? 

It seems like this is just recoil from 2020 and it will continue for most countries for another few years until things level out.

1 Reply
Caphezilla
(@caphezilla)

1,420 lotus-flower

@hanbin_fan yes, it's unfortunate and I heard covid is making a comeback with the new strain.

Boo_chan
2,561 lotus-flower
(@boo_chan)

A friend of mine who moved to Vietnam lost his job. He is actually going to be moving back as a result. He will be able to get his old job back at least but he is gutted. 

1 Reply
Caphezilla
(@caphezilla)

1,420 lotus-flower

@boo_chan I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you tried talking to him?

Sometimes people just need an ear to listen to them, or someone to help them process their feelings. I imagine it's hard being in a new place and trying to start your new life.

Larsay
 Larsay
(@Larsay)

With a government prediction of a little bit over 8% of economic development in 2023, I do not worry at all about the unemployment rate ! Like in every country, BIG companies lay off to make more profit, but small and middle-size enterprises multiply. As a matter of fact, right now, the unemployment rate is 2.17%. Who can say better ??? 

More from vpopwire