Can a Produce 101 V...

Can a Produce 101 Vietnam show be successful?  

UNI5fan99
4,930 lotus-flower
(@uni5fan99)

It saddens me to see how Vpop groups are struggling to get recognition. Do you think a Produce Vietnam be the answer? It helped CPOP in a way. 

Topic Tags

Book Your Dream Vacation in Vietnam

AD Travala – Get the Best Prices on 34,986 Hotels and Accommodations in Vietnam
3 Replies
TylerNguyen
2,190 lotus-flower
(@tylernguyen)

That's a good idea, kind of like a talent show maybe? I haven't heard of Produce 101, but a quick google search shows me. I could see this working for vpop groups/artists. I'd welcome it in fact. 

bananamilk
2,271 lotus-flower
food: mi-goi
(@bananamilk)

It could be successful if they have the backing of CJ ENM since that Korean company is already prominent in Vietnam. Personally though, I don't think it will be successful in Vietnam because Produce 101 is pretty much a copycat of AKB48. Vietnam already has a mega group like that called SGO48 but they only hold a few music videos with 2-4 million views only. Business wise, it's better to invest in a solo artist in VN or maybe a group with 2-5 members like Da LAB. I noticed any artist trying to copy Kpop in Vietnam immediately gets shut down. The ones who are successful are the ones who stick to pop ballad songs.

Solo artists get the most recognition in Vietnam. Many boy/girl groups in VN have flopped or are barely hanging by a thread.

1 Reply
UNI5fan99
(@uni5fan99)

4,930 lotus-flower

@bananamilk
Maybe the reason why the current Vpop groups fails to gain any recognition is the standard is not on pair with Kpop? Vietnam has a huge Kpop fandom and I think they would be given a vietnamese group a chance, if they have same standard as Kpop in every aspect. Synchronized dancing, good stage presence, good music and high quality MV. Uni5 and Monstar are probably the only ones that are close to that standard, but still not there. I thought D1verse could be the solution since they are backed by a large company of RBW(Mamamoo, Oneus), but the debut video destroyed every chance they had. 

More from vpopwire