If you’re looking for an amazing Southeast Asian getaway, look no further than Can Tho, Vietnam. This vibrant city is home to some of the best food, culture, and scenery in all of Vietnam. With so much to see and do, it can be tough to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together a guide to the best spots in Can Tho.
photo: Anne Lin
From floating markets to ancient temples, here are the must-see destinations in Can Tho! Can Tho is a city in Vietnam that is full of culture and history. If you’re looking for an interesting and cultural experience, be sure to check out these top spots in Can Tho!
photo: Huy Hung Trinh
- Cai Rang Floating Market: This is one of the most popular and well-known markets in Can Tho. It is located on the Cai Rang River and is full of vendors selling a variety of goods. The bustling market, which can be found on one side of this riverbank located in the heart-land region known as “The Delta,” has been around since 17th century when it first started trading cotton fabric with other countries during French colonial times – now it’s just about everything!
- Binh Thuy Ancient House: This is a beautiful and well-preserved ancient house that was built in 1885. It is a great spot to learn about the history and culture of Can Tho. When you enter the grounds, visitors are greeted with both an informative placard and detailed map detailing all aspects of this historic site’s history as well their own culture’s place in it.
- Mekong River: The Mekong River is a great place to relax and take in the scenery. There are a number of tour companies that offer boat tours of the river. On a boat, you are free to explore the beautiful rivers of Asia. The Mekong River in particular has so much natural beauty that it would be hard not come away feeling refreshed after your trip! There is no shortage for companies offering tours on this amazing body of water- there’s even one just down stairs from where I’m typing right now (I’ll show myself out).
- Can Tho Museum: The Can Tho Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of this bustling metropolis. The museum has many exhibits that showcase what life was like in ancient times, as well as various social classes during French colonial rule with beautiful clothing styles you won’t want miss!
- Cuu Long (Nine Dragon) River: The Cuu Long (Nine Dragon) River is a great place to relax and take in the scenery. Though it may not be as long or wide compare with other rivers, this river has beautiful stone bridges that make you feel at peace when walking across them.
- Tay Do (Western Capital) Temple: Western Capital Temple is a popular spot for students taking exams. It’s also dedicated to the God of Literature and houses many famous monks who have been instrumental in our world’s knowledge, like Confucius or Buddha himself!
- Quang Duc Pagoda: The Quang Duc Pagoda is a tranquil and peaceful place to visit. Home of the large statue Buddha, this pagoda will leave you feeling at peace while offering an insight into ancient Vietnamese culture with its design elements such as lotus flowers or dragonfly wings adorning each corner facade.
photo: Thanh Bình
If you’re looking for an interesting and cultural experience, be sure to check out these top spots in Can Tho. From floating markets to ancient temples, this city has something for everyone. Thanks for reading our guide to the best spots in town!