No matter what your budget is, there are plenty of great places to eat and drink in Hanoi. From street food stalls to high-end restaurants, you can find something to fit your needs and taste preferences. Here are some of the best places to eat and drink in Hanoi, broken down by budget.
Book Your Dream Vacation in Vietnam
credit: Arnie Chou
- Street Food Stalls
- Mid-Range Restaurants
- Fine Dining Restaurants
- Bars and Nightclubs
Street Food Stalls
credit: Flo Dahm
Street food stalls are a great option for those on a budget. You can find all sorts of delicious food options, and most dishes cost under $5. Some of the best street food stalls in Hanoi include:
– Bun Cha Ta: This stall is known for its delicious bun cha, which is a dish made of pork and rice noodles.
– Banh Mi 25: This stall is known for its amazing banh mi sandwiches, which are made with a variety of fillings including pork, chicken, and beef.
Find Cheap Hotels for Any Destination in Vietnam
– Nem Ran 24: This stall is known for its delicious nem ran, which is a type of fried spring roll.
– Cao Lau: This stall is known for its amazing cao lau, which is a type of noodle dish made with pork and vegetables.
– Pho Gia Truyen: This stall is known for its delicious pho, which is a type of noodle soup.
credit: Markus Winkler
If you want to enjoy a bit more luxury, but still stay within your budget, mid-range restaurants are a great option. You can find plenty of great places to eat in this category, with dishes starting at around $10. Some of the best mid-range restaurants in Hanoi include:
– Quan Bui: This restaurant is known for its amazing Vietnamese cuisine, with dishes like lemongrass chicken and beef pho.
– KOTO: This restaurant is a great option for those looking for international cuisine, with options like Thai green curry and Moroccan lamb tagine.
– Bamboo Garden: This restaurant offers a mix of Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine, with dishes like dim sum and stir-fried vegetables.
– Temple Garden: This restaurant is known for its amazing seafood, with options like shrimp fried rice and crab claws.
– La Verticale: This restaurant is known for its stunning French-Vietnamese cuisine, with dishes like seared foie gras and roasted duck breast.
Fine Dining Restaurants
If you’re looking for an unforgettable dining experience, then you should check out some of Hanoi’s fine dining restaurants. These restaurants offer high-end cuisine at a fraction of the price you would pay in Western countries. Some of the best fine dining restaurants in Hanoi include:
– La Vong: This restaurant is known for its amazing seafood, with dishes like grilled squid and steamed crab.
– Pierre Gagnaire: This restaurant is a Michelin-starred French restaurant that offers dishes like foie gras and truffle risotto.
– Spices Garden: This restaurant is a great option for those looking for Vietnamese fine dining, with dishes like lotus root soup and marinated beef.
– La Badiane: This restaurant is another great option for Vietnamese fine dining, with dishes like green mango salad and grilled lemongrass chicken.
– Xuan Huy: This restaurant is known for its amazing Hue-style cuisine, with dishes like shrimp paste noodles and beef noodle soup.
Bars and Nightclubs
credit: Hiep Nguyen
Hanoi has no shortage of bars and nightclubs, offering everything from cheap beer to expensive cocktails. Whether you’re looking to dance the night away or just relax with a few drinks, there’s something for everyone. Some of the best bars and nightclubs in Hanoi include:
– 1900 Club Hanoi: An upscale club located on the busy street of Ta Hien. Many famous Vietnamese idols have live performances at this nightclub.
– Bia Hoi Corner: This bar is known for its cheap beers and live music performances.
– The Gatsby: This bar is known for its 1920s-themed décor and its wide selection of cocktails.
– Club Q: This nightclub is one of the most popular in Hanoi, with a great mix of local and international DJs.
– La Grange: This bar is known for its French-inspired décor and menu, with a wide selection of wines and beers.
The options are endless, and no matter what you’re looking for or how much money you have to spend, there is a restaurant in Hanoi that will meet your needs. Whether it’s delicious pho from Pho Gia Truyen or French cuisine at La Verticale, the culinary scene here has something for everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Start exploring Hanoi’s amazing restaurants today!
Thanks for these information about Hanoi
Thank you for giving me advice about hanoi food
For a budget of $20 or less, visit Street Food Stalls in Hanoi.
At the street food stalls in Hanoi, you can get great food for very little money. There are stalls throughout the city, but some of the most popular ones are on Hang Bac Street and Tran Quy Cap Street. These stalls typically serve traditional Vietnamese foods like pho, bun cha, and banh mi sandwiches. You can also find some international foods at these stalls such as Japanese udon noodles and Korean fried chicken wings.
The best meal I had in Hanoi was at a cafe. It was a little, hole-in-the-wall type of place with no menu, but there was a man standing behind the counter asking me what I wanted to eat before I’d even sat down.
Maybe it is just me but I think street food seems to be the best when it comes to getting the most for your money. They have something for everyone too.
I like posts like this that include different budgets. Most people don’t travel with the same amount of spending money so it is nice to plan for what you can afford!
I love this! I’ve been to Hanoi before, but it’s been a few years. I’m going back to visit my sister and her friends over the summer, and this is a great way for me to find new places to eat and drink. Thanks!
Oh my GOD, I love Hanoi! So much good food and drink.