Miss Vietnam 2022 o...

Miss Vietnam 2022 organizers apologize for see-through dress  

Caphezilla
1,420 lotus-flower
(@caphezilla)

A beauty queen has been slammed by viewers after a controversy over a transparent gown on stage. Model Phuong Anh was wearing a “flimsy” yellow dress with extremely sheer material that showed off her body underneath due to a lighting issue on the show. Organizers of the 2022 Miss Vietnam beauty pageant have been forced to apologize after an uproar over a contestant’s transparent gown.

Book Your Dream Vacation in Vietnam

AD Travala – Get the Best Prices on 34,986 Hotels and Accommodations in Vietnam
8 Replies
TrueBaby
2,461 lotus-flower
(@truebaby)

I heard about this. I am not sure who suggested the gown to her or if she had a manager that deals with this, but if so they should be fired. I understand the appeal of wearing sheer items but when you are on a very back-lit stages, what does one expect to happen?

kikobeep
2,397 lotus-flower
(@kikobeep)

She was wearing clothing under it, right? I would hope. I have not looked into this at all. I have heard about it and I know a lot of people were very angry with what happened. She appears to have had a bra and underwear on at least. 

What?
 What?
(@What?)

This competition happened in 2020. They're only now apologizing in 2022, the day before the New Year? Feels like there is more to this story or its a very slow day for the News People

SoVintage
1,600 lotus-flower
(@sovintage)

It is a very pretty dress but she should have has some sort of slip under it even if it had to be custom fitted. 

HaSangie
1,682 lotus-flower
(@hasangie)

Yeah as someone else mentioned, this is old news. I remember when it was brought up and I thought to same to blame whoever helped decide that dress. It should have been pointed out to someone on her team that it was not appropriate for this event. 

Larsay
 Larsay
(@Larsay)

COMPLETE hypocrisy !!! EVERY NORMAL man loves it, and those who criticize would love to have her in their bed !!! 

1 Reply
Larsay
 Larsay
(@Larsay)

@Larsay

Besides, the organizers protest ? They did not see her hours before she showed up on stage ???????

compasstraveler
 compasstraveler
(@compasstraveler)

I saw this and I was thinking, why slam the beauty queen? It's not her fault. You can blame the organizers, her stylist or even her management team before she is to be blamed. Also, it wasn't like we could see her nude, it was just her body's silhouette.

That dress was really beautiful though just not in that kind of stage lighting.

More from vpopwire