Vietnam gaming comp...

Vietnam gaming company behind Axie Infinity loses $620 million to North Korean hackers  

ThangGALANG
3,465 lotus-flower
(@thanggalang)

The U.S. Treasury Department alleged that North Korean hacking group Lazarus is tied to a more than $600 million theft of cryptocurrency from the Axie Infinity-linked Ronin bridge, an Ethereum address that held 148,000 ETH at publication time.

I'm surprised because I thought about investing money into this game a few months ago. I can't imagine a gaming company in Vietnam is still functioning after a $600 million hack. I've got to hand it to the Vietnamese company. They have balls!

https://twitter.com/CoinDesk/status/1514646115991396358

Book Your Dream Vacation in Vietnam

AD Travala – Get the Best Prices on 34,986 Hotels and Accommodations in Vietnam
6 Replies
weenie
2,460 lotus-flower
(@weenie)

I heard about this but I had no idea which company it was. This is terrible. I hate when crypto hackers do stuff like this. They always target companies in the east too. 

PhoTastic
2,385 lotus-flower
(@photastic)

It is never good news when you hear about hackers. They always seem to do damage. Especially ones from North Korea and China. Wasn't there a group of Chinese hackers just a year or two ago that was targeting people in the US with ransomware? 

pinkcherie
1,641 lotus-flower
(@pinkcherie)

Hackers are terrible. There seems to be more and more of a threat of them as we become more reliant on technology. 

Soulie
1,706 lotus-flower
(@soulie)

What can be done about this? Anything at all?

It is such a shame when you read stories like this one. I hope they learned from the experience about security. These days, you need to really beef it up!

1 Reply
ThangGALANG
(@thanggalang)

3,465 lotus-flower

@soulie there are so many vulnerabilities on the web, that's why I don't store crypto on any exchanges or website. Only external wallets. Just today, I had someone try to reset a password on one of my old exchange accounts that I don't use anymore. Even if they can log into that account, I have nothing in it.

SoVintage
1,600 lotus-flower
(@sovintage)

I have a friend who was a hacker when he was younger and he said the people he knew online, they were pretty shady. He never did anything bad but knew a guy from another forum who managed to get several credit card numbers and sell them. 

More from vpopwire